If you're like me, you spend a lot of time in your truck. To and fro, forwards and back, you spend so much time on the road that you turn on the radio. But sometimes you need something a little more specialized; if you feel like listening to some good songs about a relationship between a man (or woman!) and his horse, this is the blog post for you.
I've specially catered a playlist of great songs to listen to if you love horses.
1. Pony - Kasey Chambers Her voice is, quite frankly, divine. This is a song about romance and horses, and is fitting for any girl who wants to listen to music!
2. Love like Horses - Elton John Even if you didn't want to listen to a song about horses, this is a good one if you need to feel free. But don't those come hand in hand, or... hand in reign?
3. Let That Pony Run - Pam Tillis Another romantic song, for when you've gotten into the blues and need a pick me up. A heartbreak isn't the end of the world, and this song will let you realise that.
4. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall The breakout song for KT Tunstall, this song is always a wonderful listen. You should absolutely check out the rest of her stuff if you get the chance, but for now, you can find this song ready and waiting for you on Spotify!
5. Tennessee Stud - Johnny Cash Who needs a reason to listen to Johnny Cash crooning in your ears? The horses are a prime bonus in this recommendation.
You can find these songs out and about, but I'd suggest Spotify or iTunes... or, of course, just picking up the albums at your local shopping mall and going retro--even if that word stings, who thought CDs would ever be considered retro?
Have a good week, Y'all. If you've got any recommendations for me, well, toss 'em my way.
Photo by Graham Dean.