There are lots of new beddings out there. Perhaps one of the following could improve the air quality of your stable, shrink your manure pile and or give you more time to spend doing what you love....hanging out with your horse
- Pellets are highly absorbent so there is less odour
- Urine is absorbed very quickly so there is a much smaller wet spot to pick out=quicker cleaning!
- Material does not stick to animals or people
- Significantly lowers labour costs.
- Less waste produced
- Pellets must be initially moistened to make them fluffy and they need to be kept moist
- Use only pellets designed for horses to ensure they don't contain material or chemicals that are harmful to horses
- Highly absorbent which means easier clean-up and less odour in the stable
- Low dust
- Horses do not eat it
- A little goes a long way, once initial instillation is finished
- Little to no chemicals are used in its production
- May be difficult to locate a dealer
- Very expensive to initially set up
- Great for horses with alllergies: virtually dust, seed and spore free
- Highly absorbent so that means less odour
- Very Biodegradable
- Easy to store
- When it gets wet, it can be very heavy to work with
- Dust and bacteria free
- More absorbant than baled straw
- Once initial set up is complete very little additional bedding is needed
- Highly biodegradable
- Time saver---less waste to remove each day
- Space saver---bags take up much less space than straw bales
- I couldn't find any, so please comment if you have personal experience with this type of bedding.
If you found this blog helpful, please vote for it, share it or comment on it! Happy Mucking!
Disclaimer: Of Horse! and sponsors do not endorse nor validate the accuracy of a blog post. Each article is the opinion of the blogger.